** FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS **
1. Why play Custom Stix™?
Are you tired of the same old boring drumsticks that everyone else uses? Do you want something that will stand out in the crowd? Custom Stix™ allows you to express yourself with your own signature model custom drumsticks. You no longer have to order 50 pair, pay a set-up fee, shipping charges and wait 4-6 weeks for delivery. We allow you to have your own personalized custom drumsticks while only ordering 2 pair! All with FREE SHIPPING (in the U.S. only) in under 2 weeks for only $29.99.
2. How do I order personalized drumsticks?
Creating your personalized sticks is done in 5 easy steps:
- Click on the link for Personalized Drumsticks
- Select one of our artist rendered designs-there are over 40 designs!
- Enter your own personalized message
- Preview your design real-time in 3D-wait about 10-20 seconds for your image to show up
- Place your order
3. What kind of drumsticks are these?
Custom Stix™ uses hand selected USA hickory, 5B wood tip drumsticks. Custom Stix™ are smooth, straight, and consistent. They are manufactured by a major U.S. drumstick company that specializes in specialty drumsticks as well as providing sticks to other stick companies that want the best drumsticks for their clients.
“I had endorsement deals with several major brands before starting Custom Stix™ and I can honestly say I prefer these sticks over any brand I have ever played. I have been playing drums for over 25 years and have played every brand known to man and have gone through hundreds of sticks. These sticks feel great and last a very long time! I haven’t found a better stick anywhere. Period!”
Jeff -owner of Custom Stix™ (you can read more about Jeff here)
4. Can I play with these sticks?
Absolutely! Custom Stix™ feature full-color graphics that are applied to first-quality drumsticks using a patented image transfer process. Due to this advanced process, our finishes won’t rub-off on hands, drums or cymbals. So, while they may look too good to play with, they’re made to take a beating. (see these sticks in action here)
5. How do you apply the art?
These sticks are not wrapped, coated, or screen printed. The art is heat fused to the sticks using a patented image transfer process. The art becomes one with the wood.
6. Can the 2 pair for $29.99 special have different graphics/text on each pair?
Sorry, but in order to give you the best price possible, we require that the two pair minimum have the same exact art and text. There are no exceptions to this due to the set up process involved in printing.
7. What if my school, band, organization or company wants to order large quantities?
We specialize in custom orders. Click here for details on custom orders using our art or your own. You may also send us an email with the details and we will get back with you asap.
8. Do you offer more drumstick sizes?
Currently we only offer the 5B model for the 2 pair personalized stix special for $29.99. We have found that to be the most popular size among most drummers. However, if you are placing a large order of at least 12 pair. This also applies if you are looking to place a custom order using your own art or art that we design for you. We can offer you the following sizes and options:
7A, Rock, 5A, 5B, 2B, 3S Available in wood or nylon tips using maple or hickory sticks.
9. Can I get an endorsement with Custom Stix™?
Currently we are taking applications from drummers that are serious about making a name for themselves and their band. Are you signed, independent, do you have any other endorsements, what are your careers goals, etc… Those are the type of questions that we want you to answer. If you are interested in endorsing Custom Stix™, send us an email to the contact section and tell us about you and why you want to partner with us. Remember, we can’t give away our products, so please don’t ask.
*****Also, please do not ask if you have never ordered any of our sticks. The most important thing for us when looking to endorse an artist is knowing they love our sticks. The only way to know you love our drumsticks is having purchased them and played with them. You can make a small investiment by ordering the Personalized Drumstick special: 2 pair for $29.99 with FREE shipping. Then we can talk.
10. How long does it take to get my order? and is shipping really FREE?
We ship via the United States Postal Service First Class mail for our 2 pair personalized orders. We provide free shipping for all orders shipped within the U.S. Although there is no guarantee with the U.S. Postal Service, they usually arrive anywhere in the U.S. within 14 days of ordering.
If you order 12 pair or more we ship via UPS.
For international shipping questions see number 11.
11. Do you ship internationally?
If you live outside the USA and would like to order our products, you must purchase the international shipping seperately after purchasing the sticks through the regular online store, opting for the free shipping option. I wish there was a better method, but due to the complexity of the online store and the size of the tubes we ship in, we have found this to be the best option. Once you have purchased the sticks, you will then need to visit the Contact page and scroll to the bottom for international shipping to purchase the option that is best for you.
12. What is your return policy?
Click here to review our return policy.
14. Can I use my own artwork?
2 options: We can design your art or you can design it using the template below.
Here are the details for getting your custom drumsticks for you, your band, school or organization.
- No set up fee, EVER!
- No art fee if you submit your own art. If we design your stick, there is a $20.00 art fee on all orders under 100 pairs. There is no art fee for orders above 100 pairs.
- Our turnaround is fast -usually less than 14 days on all orders in the U.S.
- Our shipping is FREE in the U.S. via ground UPS (US Postal Service for orders under 12 pair)
Click here for our special Marching Band drumstick program.
You can order small quantities of Custom Drumsticks – This does not include the $20.00 art fee if we design the sticks.
Our prices for large quantities:
12 pair @ $8.25 per pair $99.00
25 pair @ $7.50 per pair $187.50
50 pair @ $6.50 per pair $325.00
100 pair @ $6.25 per pair $625.00
250 pair @ $5.90 per pair $1475.00 FREE display stand for all orders of 250 and above
500 pair @ $5.75 per pair $2875.00
1000 pair @ $5.50 per pair $5500.00
2000 pair @ $5.25 per pair $10,500.00
***This pricing does not include the Mossy Oak© drumsticks
- Minimum of 300 dpi (as high as 600 dpi) as a JPEG, PDF, or PSD.
- Art should be sent flat, not in layers, in CMYK. Dimensions are 12.5” x 1.93”.
- White does not print. If white is used in your art, it will show up as clear, resulting in the wood grain showing through. This is a cool effect that we use with several clients.
- If you want to have the art fade in from the tip, (which is recommended) remember to have the art fade from 100% clear on the left side of the art to 100% full. Otherwise, there will be a line where the art begins.
We usually take about 2 inches to achieve this effect.
- We are not limited to the amount of colors that can be printed.
We can print almost anything.
- Please keep in mind that we cannot print items or names that are protected by a trademark such as RockBand, Elvis Presley, Areosmith, etc… Also, we can’t print any profanity or anything deemed socially irresponsible by Custom Stix™
How to order our custom drumsticks:
- Send us your design using the downloadable template above, or contact us to have us design a drumstick for you.
- Wait on us to approve your art via email. Send your artwork to customerservice@Customstix.com
- Once art is approved and the quantity is verified, you may place your order using a credit card over the phone using our contact number or you may send us payment via paypal at Jeffaj @ bellsouth.net (spaces were added to avoid spam)
- Once the payment is received, you will receive your sticks within two weeks via UPS.
- What if I want a sample before I place my actual order? We will be happy to send you a free sample on all orders of 100 pair and above. Samples can be shipped the same day we receive your artwork.
- Remember, you must wait on the art to be approved before making payment. Once it is approved, which should take less than 24 hours, you may place your order using a credit card over the phone using our contact number or you may send us payment via paypal at Jeffaj @ bellsouth.net (spaces were added to avoid spam)